Monday, October 25, 2004

I realized this morning that I wake up to church bells every morning. I remember having several friends that visited Muslim countries and upon returning one of the first things that they told about was waking up every morning to the call to prayer. Today that is how I felt. The church bells were calling people to Mass. This culture felt so foreign. I started to feel badly that I didn't have the kind of devotion that some here have, the kind that drives you to wake up early in the morning to go to church for prayer and Mass. Then I remembered, we are called to be devoted to a relationship with Christ, worshiping Him and bringing glory to His name, not rights and rituals. Our spiritual act of worship is presenting our bodies as holy living sacrifices (Romans 12:1) and we are to pray not is specific places and times, but all the time (1 Thessalonians 5:17).

No comments: