Friday, July 10, 2009

A sight most don't see




I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea." Revelations 1:9-11


* outside of the cave where Paul wrote revelations

While in Greece I had the chance to visit the spot where John wrote the book of Revelations. It was a neat experience getting to see the place where John would have walked. However, at the same time it was disheartening to hear others around me tell their children and friends the account of Paul as just another story or even fairytale. Praise God for giving us the Bible and the ONLY source of truth!


*artwork at the top of the door before you enter the cave
I was not allowed to take pictures inside the cave where Paul was sentenced and the spot where Revelations was written but I was able to get picture of outside the cave and around the island.
*view of Patmos island

No comments: