Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hello...

Hello out there, I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself to you. I am the teacher for Team Northeast Poland. Currently I teach three wonderful girls who are about to finish the second and third grades. We actually finish on Friday (Yeah!) and we have had a wonderful semester. I have been on the field for about 4.5 months and love every moment of life in Poland. It is a wonderful learning and growing experience living overseas. I had been on a few mission trips before moving here, and they were nothing like this experience. On those occasions, I had to rely on God for help and guidance, but here it is requires even more faith and reliance. I love to watch the little things that cause smiles (like 100’s on spelling tests…YEAH!). They may be the small things that most would take for granted but these small things always seem to lift my spirits and remind me there is Someone bigger and better than me out there. I love the feeling of knowing I don’t always have to be in charge of what is going on around me. Life in Poland is very different at times and then at times not so different from living in the States. There are days I feel as though I am living on another planet then others when there are seven children in our apartment having a wonderful sleepover party. This past Friday, my roommate and I had all seven American children at out apartment for a sleepover (some said we were crazy, but we thought it was fun), we had a blast. We were able to play and just be Aunts for a night. We stayed up until around midnight and then got up early and had some more fun. Friday night/Saturday morning I felt like I was back in the states, because things like that were common there. One of the funniest moments was watching the three year old press her face up to the window to see the pigeons nesting on our balcony. She just wanted to get as close as possible and she did. Besides all that fun, life here is pretty routine, school, language, coffee shop, and ESL in the villages. Over the summer I hope to get out and meet more people and have some more fun, but for now I have a blast in the classroom and the times I am with the team and the children.

Naomi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you ready for two more?